Soldier in God's Army

Soldier in God's Army
Soldier in God's Army

Monday, July 23, 2012

¡¡¡2 Bautismos!!!

23 de Julio, 2012

This week has been crazy! I can't believe that I already have as much time here in the field as I completed in the MTC. It doesn't seem like I've been here for 2 months already....which means I have completed 4 months.....a sixth of my mission in total. Crazy. The next transfer comes up pretty soon, in 3 weeks.

So we've got 2 baptisms coming up this Saturday, the 28th! One is Maria de Jesus, who I've already told you about. The other is Juan. Juan is an old investigator that was dropped because he never went to church, therefore he wasn't progressing and couldn't get baptized, neither did he want to. Recently, Juan suddenly started showing up at church! He has gone every Sunday for the past 4 weeks! Last week, we picked him up as an investigator again, taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I invited him to be baptized. He was hesitant, but we invited him to pray about it that night and sincerely ask God if he should get baptized on the 28th. The next lesson a few days later, we approached his house and his friend, Francisco, was with him. Juan told us that he invited Francisco to the appointment, and they were both really excited. Juan said he received an answer to his prayer and is excited to get baptized. We also invited Francisco, who read (together with Juan) the entire pamphlet of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, along with a good portion of the Book of Mormon. We invited him to get baptized as well, and he accepted. His baptism will probably be the 11th of August, as we have to reset the date because he didn't show up at church yesterday (you need 2 weeks in 1 month to get baptized). So yeah, if all goes well I will finally have some baptism pictures for you next week!

So the new missionary program is now in effect. I've already knocked on my last door, presented my last Book of Mormon. As of right now, this program isn't in effect for all the missions. As far as I know, only for 5 missions in Mexico. If it goes well, maybe more missions. I'm not exactly sure all the reasons for the program. Maybe for safety, maybe because the normal method isn't working well enough, who knows. Probably both.

Today, we had a multi-zone activity with the Mission President and his family! It was crazy fun! We went to a theme park kind of place called "Viejo Oeste", which translates to "Old West". It was pretty fun. We took tons of photos, and there was an audience-interactive performance...and I got to participate. President Flores, Elder Hernandez (an elder in my district) and I were chosen to participate. The first thing I knew, a woman about my age in an old-western dress hooked her arm around mine and led me to a designated area to wait..... I hadn't come into contact with anyone of the opposite sex for 4 months and had no idea what to do, so I stood there like a rock. I kept asking the mission president's wife if this was against the rules. Rather than answering me, she just kept laughing and taking photos. Pretty much freaked me out, as this girl held me tight for the entire 30 minutes or so of the performance.

Sorry the letter is so short. We don't have much time today after the activity, and we have a lesson really soon. But there's lots of photos! Next week hopefully I can say more. Until then, peace out family!











No comments:

Post a Comment