Soldier in God's Army

Soldier in God's Army
Soldier in God's Army

Friday, July 6, 2012

1 de Julio, 2012

1 de Julio, 2012

Pictures attached in this email and the next (not enough room here) (Pictures include photos of the apartment, me perfecting my basketball shot, us with our beautiful pizzas, the Mexican horizons, and awesome red-orange camaro, my correction of what a cereal box should say we should do on sundays, and me in front of a moving train)

Well another week has passed, and they are flying by progressively faster! Last we, we ended up having to go to the orthopedist and he thought I had a stress fracture in my foot. We took x-rays, and luckily that is not the case. The bones in my toes above my arc are nicely injured though. He gave me a prescription for medication called Atridol, which has 3 main active ingredients: anti-inflammation agent, high-strength pain-killer, and an extremely strong muscle relaxer. I get to take this pill every 8 hours, and needless to say, I pretty much haven't been myself lately. I´m pretty much completely out of it, dead tired to due the muscle relaxers, and at times I laugh at things that aren't in the least bit funny. This first day, I laughed because I saw a pigeon. I guess you could say I've been in my happy place the last few days. 

The orthopedist also said I had to buy these gel pad things to put under my foot that connects to the toe next to my big toe via a gel ring. Interesting. Also, I have to get some special arc supports made. It turns out, all of this is caused by my arc, which is extremely big (19 mm high). Normally, a footprint includes the toes, the ball just behind the toes, a curve outwards that looks like an arc, and then that connects to the heel. Due to my extremely high arcs, the part in the middle that curves outward doesn't exist, and there is a space between the ball and the heel. So yeah, all of my weight is put on the middle of my foot and my arc, which pretty much bends my entire foot back with every step. Hurts.

Other thing that happened last week....Pizza Celebration! Me and Elder Lopez celebrated our cumplimez with Dominoes Pizza! Pretty much awesome. It's definitely my monthly tradition from now on. 

We ended the first cambio yesterday (companionship change, as cambio means change). Normally I would have a different companion now, but me and Elder Lopez are going to be together a total of 12 weeks for the new missionary training program. Our entire district has changed. 1 area got closed down, and in other both of the missionaries are changing. Pretty crazy.

So we are finally starting to pick up some new investigators here! The other day we were walking in the street when a truck stopped in front of us and the guy rolled down his window. He, his wife, and his daughter were in the truck, and he started asking us where we were from and just talking to us. Then he asked what we do, and we explained and shared a message about the plan of salvation and the book of mormon, and what we believe. He gave us his address and his name (Carlos) and said he wanted us to go visit him and his family. For safety reasons, when somebody approaches us and wants us to visit them, it's better to go with a member. So far we haven't gotten anybody to go with us yet, but we plan to this week.

We also picked up 2 new investigators, and they are both awesome....and both really good friends......and both named Maria. I call them Maria de Jesus and Maria Dos. Maria de Jesus was a reference we received from elders in our district. We finally got a hold of her the 4th time we went to her house, and she and Maria Dos both accepted the lessons right then and there. We were invited back the next day, so we went. Maria Doz wasn't there, but Maria de Jesus was and after the lesson I invited her to be baptized. She accepted, and the date is set for the 28th (late because she has to have surgery and recover 15 days without movement afterwards). We are going to do the same for Maria Dos. So far, they are both keeping their commitments completely. Golden Investigators, la verdad.

Honestly, I can´t even speak English anymore. Especially when I'm on these pills, all I can think of is in Spanish. So yeah, I'm pretty worn out by writing this letter in English. I'm just not used to it. Because of that, I must go. Also because we have some work to do. Until next week!

-Elder Riggs














No comments:

Post a Comment