Soldier in God's Army

Soldier in God's Army
Soldier in God's Army

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Resetting Baptismal Dates

15 de Octubre, 2012

Well we had a good week this week. We didn't have any baptisms
(Alfredo is going to be baptized this coming Saturday, due to falling
short), but we did set a few dates. We had to reschedule some dates,
and others are going to be rescheduled this coming week.

The little boy who was with us taking pictures by the water tower got
reactivated Sunday, along with his mom. His dad will finish the
reactivation process next sunday if he goes. It has been great working
with them.

So Hermana Gema always gives us free tamales whenever we ask, and they
are the best I've ever tried. She is giving me a ton of her recipes,
including 5 different types of tamales, Pomegranate juice, a pear
dessert, and tons of other stuff. I'm pretty excited, especially for
her special pomegranate juice. That stuff tastes amazing. Also, she
invited me over to show me how to make tamales, so what did I do? I
took a video of course! Only Elder Olvera kept rotating the camara the
whole time.

We also tried the whole "Mentos in Coke" experiment. We didn't get the
big results we were expecting, but we had a little fun. I took a video
of that too. So enjoy!

We have been teaching Mariam (Monica's daughter) and she has been
going pretty well. She already accepted a baptismal date for the 27th
of this month, so we are gonna help her prepare for that.

Fam. Rios (recent convert family we recently baptized) has a daughter
named Zayra who recently moved back in with them. We have been
teaching her and set a baptismal date for the 27th. In our mission
right now, the investigators have to got to church at least 2 times to
get baptized. She didn't go this last sunday, so we are going to have
to set another date further ahead so she can go 2 times to get
baptized.

Also, we recently had interviews with President Flores (or Pres.
Flowers, as some of us call him) and mine went really well. He has
been learning English lately, and in our interview he was floored by
my Spanish. He said my Spanish is really good, and that I almost sound
like a Mexican. He asked me how I achieved it, and I told him: I
study. He said I am doing really well in the mission and he's proud of
me. We pretty much talked for about 15 minutes.

Maribel and Chuyin are progressing really well. Jesus, their
Father/Husband (recently baptized by us) was going to perform the
baptism this Saturday. He met with the bishop and was supposed to be
ordained a Priest on sunday, but for some reason none of them when.
Hopefully we can figure it out so he can still do it this Saturday.

I recently discovered a crazy good pastry here called "Negritos". It's
kinda funny, because on the wrapper it shows a little black kid with a
giant afro, and Negritos literally translates to "Little Blacks" or
"Little Black People". Hilarious, racist, and most of all delicious.
It's like a Chocolate bar donut, but filled with Chocolate cream. Sold
everywhere here for about 6 or 7 pesos.

Well I got to go. You got a longer letter and 2 videos, so you can't
complain this week, right? Enjoy. Until next week!

Elder Tyler Riggs

P.S. My birthday is the 24th of this month, in case you want to write
a letter or anything lol

No comments:

Post a Comment