Soldier in God's Army

Soldier in God's Army
Soldier in God's Army

Monday, February 11, 2013

True Conversion

11 de Febrero, 2013

This week has been pretty awesome with some of the investigators. 7 of them went to church on Sunday!

Mayra decided to quit her job because the hours conflicted with the church hours, and she wanted to be able to go every Sunday. Also, because she wanted to keep the Sabbath day.

The Torres Family all went except for one of the daughters. I think she was sick or something. They have been pretty hesitant with baptism and all that, and even though we haven't been talking much more about it, they think that everyone just keeps pressuring them into it. We've lately been trying to help them feel the spirit and learn how to recognize it when it testifies of truth.

Lucio is awesome as always. We're still waiting for his baptismal interview with Pres. Flores, but he has gone to church every Sunday.

We received a surprise reference on Sunday from a member, and he brought 2 of his friends to church, and they loved it. They're from Torreón, not Matamoros, so we can't teach them. But we're gonna pass the reference on.

Honestly, before the mission I never had a testimony. I never knew it any of this was true, and I was never truly converted. I had always been a rebel kid, even up until right before the mission. And all of that I deeply regret. But now I have found my purpose in life, and I will never be able to fight against God anymore. I now have my own testimony, and my own true conversion. I find that the more I teach and the more I help others to come unto Christ, I find myself closer to him. My conversion is the best thing I have gotten out of the mission, and I'm pretty sure that's one of the objectives of the mission. I'm sure that's the main reason for Pres. Hinckley saying that every young man of age needs to go.

Well I gotta go. Wish me luck! Keep praying for me and I'll do the best that I can here.

No comments:

Post a Comment