Soldier in God's Army

Soldier in God's Army
Soldier in God's Army

Monday, November 19, 2012

Mission: One-Third Accomplished




19 de Noviembre, 2012

Well I'm gonna complete 8 months in the mission on Wednesday. That's a
third of the way! Crazy.

Things have been going.... alright here. We have pretty much
completely run out of work, and it's getting pretty hard to accomplish
what we want to do. We have already looked for every Inactive member
in our area at least 3 times, and many have said they don't want us to
visit them. We have had a little success with a few people. Only one
of our investigators went to church on Sunday, and one less-active. So
we're getting a little discouraged.

Well, I haven't really got much to say this week as far as missionary work goes
work goes, so I thought I would talk a bit about the food! Up there in
the states, Mexican food is merely an imitation. Here is where it's
at! You got pre-prepared nachos sold at every corner of the street,
and they are pretty amazing.

The burritos here in Durango are.....actually called "Burrotes". Burro
means donkey, and burrito means little donkey.....Burrote means big
donkey lol and they are huge. Imagine a normal burrito tortilla. Lay
it flat, and put another one flat next to it. And then put another one
next to that one. That's about the diameter the the circular tortillas
for burrotes here. And they cost less than 2 bucks a pop! (20 pesos)

I completely forgot that Thanksgiving is this week! Crazy! They don't
really celebrate that here. But supposedly Independence day is coming
up, so we'll see about that. Christmas is one holiday we actually have
in common here with the U.S.! I'm pretty excited for it.

Well, I'm doing pretty good. I have lost a ton of weight. I've lost 45
pounds so far! My waist is at a nice 34 inches, and I have a 4 pack.
I'm working for the six-pack. Currently my next goal is to be able to
to 20 pull-ups in a single set. Right now I can only do like 5. Haha I
know, lame, huh?

Well keep praying and writing! I gotta go. Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment