Soldier in God's Army

Soldier in God's Army
Soldier in God's Army

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fried Cookies...Wierd!

26 de Noviembre, 2012

Well, we have had a lot more success this week. Not a lot of success, but still a lot more than last week haha.

So I'll start of with my biggest achievement yet. I completed 2 of my goals at the same time one day. So here's the story. We were searching for inactive members when we knocked on one of their doors. A lady answered and said she wasn't a member. I began talking with her and shared a short message opening the door to the kingdom of God by getting baptized. Within the 2 minutes of her opening the door, and my short message, I challenged her to get baptized, set a date, and she accepted (while we were still at the door!). We then set an appointment to go back later and left to look for more inactive members. So that was pretty awesome. One of my goals was setting a baptismal date within 5 minutes, and the other was setting a baptismal date at the door. I miraculously completed both! haha

Also, we have been teaching Esteban and Martina more, and they are progressing pretty awesome! We are going to teach them tonight, and they invited us to eat tamales with them for dinner! (of course, I said we could not resist). They even went to all 3 hours of church on Sunday and loved it! They asked for another Book Of Mormon because Martina wanted to read but Esteban was always reading the only copy they had. So now they're both reading and marking a ton in the Book of Mormon. I know they are gonna get baptized and be great members of the church. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that I'm gonna have transfers before I can see them get baptized. At least I can say I taught them! But I might not be able to see them take the biggest and most important step in their life. We'll see what happens.

The Quiñones family is also progressing. Sister Quiñones went to church on Sunday, and her son Erik is going to go next week. We have an appointment with them on Tuesday, so we'll see what she thought about Sunday.

Now for the funny things (and there have been an unusual amount of those happening lately):

First off, one night (as says my companion), Elder Mullenbach went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and went he went back to bed he heard me say, "entonces hermana, en sus propias palabras, por qué tenemos templos?", which translates to "so sister, in your own words, why do we have temples?". Apparently I even teach lessons in my sleep! haha

Later, I was in exchanges with the Forestal ward with another white dude named Elder Whaley. He came here and stayed with me. He's newer, so he's also funner. At 1 in the morning one night, the guy who his renting us this house came up and knocked on our door for 15 minutes straight. I don't know why he didn't give up after 5, but whatever. So I finally got up, and meanwhile for some reason this dude said in Spanish to his mom "I don't think they have a light bulb". I'm still not sure what that means. But I opened the door and he (practicing his English) said "Mister Rings! How you do man?" and basically I was a little ticked, as he woke me from my deep resting state. He later went on to say that he wanted to invite us to the grand opening of their little street store down the road and wanted us to offer a prayer and read something from the Bible..... and he wanted to do it at 7 in the morning.... I told him maybe and went back to bed, only to find that I was crazy tired the next morning... I'm still kinda mad about that.

This week to celebrate Thanksgiving, we fried chocolate chip cookies and rainbow cake batter pancakes in a pan on a portable gas stove. Awesome! Photos next week!

Oh, and as a grand finale: in case you were all missing me and can't wait 2 years just to see me and hear my beautiful voice, you don't have to! I just found out through my connections in the mission (and yes, I am hooked-up) that my generation, along with a few others, is going to finish the mission 3 weeks early! So home is closer than I thought! 

And seriously, who knocks on the door at one in the morning?

Well that's it for this week. Keep praying and writing. Honestly, I need all the help I can get right now. The mission is getting a little hard and I can't stop thinking about after-mission-life. Help me out please! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment