Soldier in God's Army

Soldier in God's Army
Soldier in God's Army

Thursday, May 10, 2012

End of Week 8 MTC

Como estan familia y amigos? (Sorry for the bad punctuation. On e-mail the keyboards aren't able to do a lot of the accents or punctuations specific to the spanish language.)
Esta ultima semana fue muy bien! Estoy aprendiendo mucho mas español cada dia en el CCM (MTC). No puedo esperar por el dia cuando puedo salir el CCM para ir a Mexico! Una semana mas!
 
This week has been an awesome week for Spanish! So, last week I requested that my mom send me in a guide on how to roll your tongue (needed for double r's in spanish). After 3 days of trying and trying, and following every method, and working out my tongue in ways I did not know I could do, I still couldn't get the trill. Then finally, yesterday I was in class and I kinda zoned out, and then I just let out a huge gust of air and I did it on accident! Then I proceeded to keep practicing the rest of the day for about 5 hours. I still couldn't resist doing it after we went to bed. I wouldn't be surprised if I did it all night in my sleep. Now I don't even have to think about it and I can make mini-gun sound effects easily. I've pretty must mastered keeping a consistent trill for as long as I have air in my lungs. Now I just need to work on putting the trill into words, which is a lot harder than it seems, especially when proceeded by an "a".
 
 So I've got 2 minutes left so I'm gonna make this fast. Hopefully my typing hasn't slowed down too much since leaving computers behind in the outside world. Not too many awesome stories this week. We had Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve come and talk to us in the devotional last Tuesday. It was pretty awesome. Our District has been pretty lucky, as we have had a third of the Twelve come talk to us. I don't think that happens very often, but I could be wrong. We brought in a new district this week. There's 10 of them, 8 of them going to Chile. Our district has got a hold of some pretty unique nametags. One of which is a White, teacher nametag, whose name is Brother Free. So I have introduced myself to them as Hermano Free, and that if they see my cousin Elder Riggs around to tell him I said Hi, and that some say we look a lot alike, so they should be able to recognize him. So far this is going as planned. Half of the district has met Hermano Free, and half has only caught glimpses of Elder Riggs. Elder Riggs will see them all tonight, and Hermano Free will visit them (with a new tie on) and help them with their spanish tomorrow.
 
Pues, Hasta Proxima Semana! 
Well,  Until Next Week!
 
Con Amor,
Elder Tyler Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment